eDiscovery & Beyond
Demand for data processing services isn’t just growing – it’s compounding. Data volumes are growing, there are more reasons to investigate the facts and patterns documented in ESI, and the consequences of failure are also increasing. The teams who are experienced handling these types of projects – eDiscovery, digital forensics, incidence response – have an opportunity to step up and into a new role inside their organization.
Rampiva had the opportunity to explore this topic with leaders from Latham and Watkins, Trinity Industries, Credit Agricole, and Nuix. It was a great discussion, with a lot of focus on practical ways that departments have leveraged eDiscovery tools and teams to tackle data access requests, internal investigations, information governance requests, and even divestitures. One of the common themes was the importance of trust between the department and the business leaders. The teams were able to win support, budget, and work because they’d laid the groundwork with stakeholders ahead of time.
We like to say that the first impact of Rampiva is increasing a team’s productive capacity, and the second is increasing a team’s consumption of that capacity. In 2022, Rampiva clients should be thinking about how to use advanced functions like our Legal Hold Notification, Just-in-Time Collections, Data Upload, and Webhooks to service new projects, clients, and business models.
With this in mind, we wanted to share some specific ways your team can build trust with new stakeholders:
- Productive Capacity: Rampiva Dashboards are designed to help you track and optimize your team’s productivity. If you want to win new business or projects, demonstrate that your team has the available capacity to support the increase in demand.
- Turn Around Time: The flip side of productivity is delivery. Commit to a reasonable turn-around time and use Dashboards to show your new client that your team is delivering on that commitment again and again.
- Get Detailed: New projects – whether it’s for a new client or a new use case – are probably different from what you’ve seen before. While you’re exploring these distinctions, keep an ear open for how your Rampiva Workflow might need to adapt, or, if you can leverage Rampiva Scheduler prioritization capability to balance the priority of the new work relative to your other projects.
- Communicate: One of the big wins of adopting Rampiva is that your smart technical experts will have more time on their hands. This means they have more time to meet with new clients, or leaders from other departments, to better understand their environments and requirements. It also means they have more time to keep people up to date on progress – and more time to deal with complications.
- Stay Secure: A lot of eDiscovery and digital forensics departments have a team of trusted individuals who process data – which is important, because the data they handle can be extremely sensitive. As more teams use these tools to get answers from their data, it’s important to think about what information each stakeholder actually needs to see. Think about roles, notifications, and access – and translate that into Rampiva’s Access Controls. It’s easy to let someone interact with data without showing them every single email.
Doing more with eDiscovery tools and teams can be a huge win – it can contribute to more budget, better staff retention, and faster response times in a crisis. We like to think that Rampiva Automate gives you the time, resources, and confidence to start taking on these new challenges!